SPOILER ALERT!
History Is All You Left Me - Adam Silvera

This story is about a boy grieving the loss of his ex-boyfriend. I liked the beginning of the book. I thought the OCD element was interesting as well. As the book progressed, I really struggled to get through it. I lost interest in the book but forced myself to finish this. I love almost everything I read and it is very rare for me to dislike a book so much that I can barely finish it. That unfortunately happened here. Part of it was more of a personal element for myself and not the book's fault really, as the book was all about grieving a loved one and for me that brought up a lot of painful memories of losing someone close to me in an accident a few years ago. I wouldn't really blame the book for that. The thing that I do blame the book for and the reason I don't consider this to be a great book is because of the main character really. He is so deeply upset and lost about the death of his ex-boyfriend yet I don't understand it because he got into a relationship with his ex-boyfriend's best friend while his ex-boyfriend also moved on to date someone new. I get that the main character and his ex were friends before dating and first loves but it just seemed like he kept trying to make it seem like they were soul mates and true loves when they clearly weren't. They had both moved on with other people. And also, the main character at one point proceeded to have sex with his ex-boyfriend's boyfriend. It seemed to me like he was a hypocrite and overly dramatic and selfish and someone who clearly sleeps around a lot which made me uncomfortable because of the circumstances surrounding his hook ups.